Micah Parsons is set to make waves in the NFL for years to come, according to a survey conducted by Mike Jones of The Athletic. Five NFL coaches and seven front-office executives were asked to rank the best players aged 25 or younger entering the 2023 season. Out of a list of 35 players, Parsons emerged as the top talents.
1. Justin Jefferson, WR, Minnesota Vikings
2. Micah Parsons, LB, Dallas Cowboys
3. Nick Bosa, DE, San Francisco 49ers
4. Pat Surtain II, CB, Denver Broncos
5. Ja'Marr Chase, WR, Cincinnati Bengals
6. Justin Herbert, QB, Los Angeles Chargers
7. Quinnen Williams, DT, New York Jets
8. Jalen Hurts, QB, Philadelphia Eagles
9. Sauce Gardner, CB, New York Jets
10. Tristan Wirfs, OT, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The rankings reveal some interesting dynamics within positions and roles. Micah Parsons surpassed fellow pass-rusher Nick Bosa in the rankings, while Justin Herbert claimed a higher spot than Jalen Hurts in the battle of the quarterbacks. Justin Jefferson also outshined Ja'Marr Chase among wide receivers.
Although Pat Surtain II and Sauce Gardner are considered the top cornerbacks in the league, the coaches and executives gave the edge to Pat Surtain II of the Denver Broncos.
However, it's worth noting that Nick Bosa, not Micah Parsons, was crowned the Defensive Player of the Year last season, leading the league with an impressive 18.5 sacks. Additionally, Jalen Hurts had the opportunity to play in the Super Bowl, while Justin Herbert's playoff journey ended with a loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars and their star quarterback, Trevor Lawrence, who ranked 15th on the list.
While there may be debates about the rankings, one thing remains clear - the NFL is in excellent hands with these young, talented stars leading the way.